Looking for a SketchUp developer to hire to make a custom plugin

Hello SketchUp community. I need to hire a SketchUp developer to create a custom plugin that would function as follows:

1. User selects one or more SketchUp surfaces (coplanar is fine). This might involve filtering the selection for surfaces only (and possibly not the edges).

2. Loft all the selected surfaces by 3/4” (if user input is needed to indicate the direction of the loft, that is fine).

3. Add a 45-degree, 3/4" chamfer to all the edges of the surface created in step 2 above.

4. Assign to the new surfaces and chamfered edge surfaces / geometry the same material definition as the parent surface (on a per surface basis – each selected surface might have its own material definition.

5. Turn the new geometry into a group (the name is not important).

6. Put the new group on a user defined layer (or tag) to control when the added geometry is visible.

7. These operations should leave the parent surfaces unchanged.

Thanks in advance for your consideration!

Jeff Leonhardt

It is best not to post personal information on the forums. The internet bots are everywhere.

1 Like

In the meantime, you can test this extension if you want - Fredo JPP

mdl-04

1 Like

Fredo JPP,

Thank you so much for the help. That is a pretty slick plugin and does 99% of what I need. And as I heard someone say once, “Perfect is the enemy of good enough”!

Cheers and again, thank you!
Jeff