Possibility to make a plugin that have one unique feature

Hello,

I am thinking of trying to make a plugin, but I do not know if it’s possible or not. I wanted to ask anyone who have experiences in making plugins for Sketchup. It’s my first time trying to make a plugin. For now, I’ll ask some questions. My idea of having a plugin in Sketchup would allow you to change the segment of a curved surface/face. It’s quite very simple.

here’s the picture:

As you can see there are 2 selected lines, the blue lines along with attached faces selected. With these selections, I will use the Entity Info to change the amount of segment just like anyone would do with either an Arc or a Circle.

but if Entity Info via Sketchup cannot work, then the Plugin would have it own Entity Info that will allow anyone to change the amount of the segment.

Is it possible to make a plugin based on this ideal or not? I am not sure if Sketchup’s system would allow it or not. I would appreciate your answers to this question. Thank you for taking your time reading this topic.

If an arc or circle has not been modified in ways that make it impossible to analyze as a circle (e.g. if segments lengths are not constant), one of these free from the SketchUcation plugin store may be able to do what you want:

http://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=158903%23p158903
http://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=177572%23p177572

I have checked out these two links you have provided. The first link (ArcCurve-Set_segment) stated “It will NOT work on arcs with attached face(s) that are NOT coplanar”

if i understood this correctly, it would mean that it would not work on the model I made in the picture?

the second Link (Exploded arc Lines to arc), I’ll check it out.

Thank you for sharing these plugins with me.

Alright. I found my own answer but I won’t share my answer in here, so this topic will be considered to be closed.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.