Load Errors After Updating Extensions

I updated two extensions. Grid and Dynamic components which the system said needed updating.

The next time that I opened my file I got load errors:

Error Loading File C:/Users/Mike/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2020/SketchUp/Plugins/su_grid/grid.rb
Error: #<NameError: uninitialized constant UI::Comamnd>
C:/Users/Mike/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2020/SketchUp/Plugins/su_grid/grid.rb:358:in <module:Grid>' C:/Users/Mike/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2020/SketchUp/Plugins/su_grid/grid.rb:29:in <top (required)>’
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2020/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in require' C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2020/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in load’
C:/Users/Mike/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2020/SketchUp/Plugins/su_grid.rb:36:in register_extension' C:/Users/Mike/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2020/SketchUp/Plugins/su_grid.rb:36:in module:Grid
C:/Users/Mike/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2020/SketchUp/Plugins/su_grid.rb:26:in <module:Samples>' C:/Users/Mike/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2020/SketchUp/Plugins/su_grid.rb:25:in <top (required)>’

Any ideas on how to correct this?

The file appears to be working fine. But I obviously it would be better if it opened without errors.

When you installed SketchUp 2020 did you right click on the downloaded installer and choose Run as administrator? If not or if you don’t remember, get the installer from Download All | SketchUp and repair the installation. Right click on the installer, select Run as administrator, choose the Repair option when it is presented.

Please complete your forum profile with SketchUp version and graphics card. That info helps us help you.

Where did you get the extension? Comamnd is a typo!

2 Likes

Good eye! I just downloaded the tool from the EWH and sure enough, there’s the typo.

I edited the .rb file to correct the typo and then installed it in SU2021. No load errors.
su_grid_1.1.2.rbz (7.5 KB)

@thomthom who would be in charge of fixing this in the EWH?

1 Like

I have the same issue. Any ideas on how to correct it?

I edited the file and corrected the typo. I’ve attached the corrected Grid rbz. It works for me. Try installing it.

Thank you DaveR. Your corrected file worked for me. Everything works again like a charm!!

Sorry but I am not a software guy. What do I do with the RBZ file? Thank you for the outstanding help!

Download it to your computer paying attention to where it was saved. Then in SketchUp go to the Extension Manager. At the bottom of the panel click on Install Extension, navigate to where you saved it, select the file, choose Open. Then close the Extension Manager. Quit out of SketchUp and restart to ensure you have no load error caused by the Grid extension.

Sorry I don’t remember, but looking below it appears that this may not now be relevant.

I will update profile as you suggest.

Far from irrelevant, if not installed as described you can have continuing issues.

I don’t know if many people are working today, but I alerted the Extension Warehouse team.

1 Like