Line length setting problem

Hi. I’m using line tool and I always set line length by typing manually (by entering entity info). But after while the length doesn’t want to change to entered value. For example, I draw a line (without connecting any object) with line tool it shows 3.51 m, and want to change it to 8 m. I’m typing value to entity info, but no reaction. Anyone could help?

Why not determine the right length, right away?
Select Line tool, click on start point, suggest a direction with the mouse and just type the length and hit enter.

2 Likes

I would probably just draw another line on top that is the right length and delete the remainder.

Also, it sounds like you’re adding unnecessary steps when drawing length specific lines. Instead of altering length in Entity Info after drawing, try entering the length while drawing a line. Click and release, type length, and hit enter. That’s it!

1 Like

It also doesn’t work (

Do you see the measurement box in the lower right side, you do not have to enter it, but you can watch it while draging the mouse after the first click.?

1 Like

Yes, I’m typing and value shows, but it doesn’t apply (

When are drawing a line, and click once, let go of the mouse, type the length, and hit enter, nothing at all happens? You get no line at all? If so, there is problem and it might be with how you’re using the software.

This should work as it is the default behavior and proper procedure for drawing in sketchup, and it also applies to drawing all polygons too, such as rectangles and circles.

Do NOT click onto the Measurement Box as it exits the current action, simply ‘type in space’ + enter…

2 Likes

See this tutorial…

1 Like

Is this line connected to other lines? If so, you won’t be able to change its length with Entity Info. You’ll need a different method. The length of the selected edge in this screen shot cannot be edited in Entity Info because its ends are connected.

As others have said, if you want a line that is 8m long, it makes more sense to draw it 8m from the beginning.

1 Like

Is ‘NumLock’ On or is it disabled?

When the software was installed did you right click on the downloaded file and choose run as administrator?

1 Like

Guys, thank you all for your replies. I hope your advices will help someone solving problems like that. I tried all advices, but didn’t work. I reinstalled the software and it worked. Thank you so much

1 Like