Limit circle segments on importing .dwg

I’m anticipating receiving a very large file created in Cadwork, hopefully saved as a .dwg file. What can I do before importing it to SketchUp so that the curves, circles and arcs are limited in number? I just drew and saved one circle in cad, saved the .dwg, and imported it into SketchUp. There were 96 segments in the circle. That is way too many. There is no way the file will load. Is there a setting that I could adjust to have any circle come in with just say 8 segments?

I had a similar problem this week, my only solution was to open it in Illustrator and delete/re-draw the offending items.

I find it hard to believe there is not a solution to this but I don’t know where I’d find it.
I can’t use your method Liam887 as there are likely over 1000 holes in modeled in unique pieces. That would take way to long.
Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Ive never seen an automatic tool, I always rely on the quality of the files coming in, maybe there is an action you can perform in software outside of sketchup like illustrator (select all curves and convert to x?).

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.