Layout'22 drawing export to DWG produces disorganized, unusable results

Hello!

I’m trying to export a layout drawing to autocad DWG format but keep producing bad results that the engineers can’t use. I am unsure whether the fault lies in the Layout file organization itself, or maybe I’m exporting it improperly.

The layout file is linked:

Layout to DWG Layout file

and screenshots of the print window and DWG results are attached as well.

Any insights into how to correct things so I can resolve this problem?

Thanks.

Note that the "Export for SketchUp option produces a DWG image of your LayOut page in DWG Model Space. The result is in paper space scale. To get plans to full scale the result must be scaled in a CAD application.
You should go through the options to find which one suits your workflow best. I would export only pages where viewports have been set to use Vector rendering, to avoid embedded raster images. Engineers have no use for them.

Thanks. I’ll give it a try – will turn off “export for sketchup” and “raster rendered sketchup models as hybrid-rendered” and see if that creates a cure.

Here’s the next try – Layout page screenshot, resulting DWG file, and the export window.

The fonts are clearly a problem. For some reason the structural grid numbers get blacked out (maybe because they’re red in layout?). Other items seem to be translating properly.

Have any more insights as to what I should adjust to get a better result?

FALKIRK STR SERIES 221214.dwg (330.2 KB)

Hello. After jiggling the font types I managed to get this result … Pretty good for our purposes.

Thanks for your help.
221216 DWG screenshot.pdf (311.7 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.