Layout viewports are not syncing to model

How do I check that ? When I go to original document setup> references page there is long scroll
of references.

Select the viewport on the page while the References list is open. The reference should be shown. It shows as missing here because it points to a file on your computer.

OK yes it says missing and I clicked on ā€œrelinkā€ which
took me to another window and I went to the document holding
the model and clicked on it. But it still says missing

Have you unlocked all of the viewports from that file?

Yes and it still says missing.

So after unlocking all the viewports and then relinking the file, it still says itā€™s missing? You arenā€™t trying to link to the backup file are you? Itā€™ll have a ~ at the end of the file name.

Try this: Quit SketchUp. In LO, right click on the viewport. Choose Open with SketchUp. Use Save asā€¦ to save the SketchUp file on your computer. Then relink to it.

Not linking to backup.

I will try quit SU

so I quit SU and in LO right click on viewport to open in SU.
I did SaveAS and it said a file exist. with that name so I said replace. then I tried the relink again
with no luck. Should I have renamed in the SaveAs step?

Renaming it wouldnā€™t have been a bad idea but it should still relink. Have you purged the unused stuff from the SketchUp file?

Do you mean from LO Document reference? I tried to purge unused and it did not allow.
I wish there was screen share to trouble shoot.

In SU file where do I find that?

Window>Model Info>Statistics.

Iā€™m about to start with a student but when I get done, maybe I can do that.

And I thought renaming would somehow disconnect to the layout

Renaming the SketchUp model when you use Save as will result in a new file that isnā€™t connected to the LO file but if you then relink and select that new filename it should update and link to the file you just saved.

Thanks yes if you have time. Model relink is not working

Please let me know a good time and how to connect.
Thanks

I sent you a PM a little more than 3 hours ago but didnā€™t get a response.

sorry what is the PM?

A private message. Click on your avatar, the D in the pink circle in the upper right corner of the forum screen. Unfortunately Iā€™ve got a meeting starting in a few moments.

I have an idea what if I save the LO as a template and then go back to the
model and send the model to that template?

I apologize I am new to this. Is there another day/time?