Layout section cuts are blue instead of my chosen color

In my model I use section planes in my scenes. Sometimes, parts of my model disappear and the section fills look light blue. Also, sometimes in Layout my section fills look this same light blue or white. It is inconsistent and I don’t know how to fix it. I usually draw a pattern over it in layout because it’s usually only one or two pieces. But today it’s everything. Model and layout attached. Images attached show usual, correct section fill (grey) and incorrect section fill (light blue).

Zuritsky Bar 6_15.skp (3.1 MB)
Zuritsky Bar.layout (7.0 MB)

Also, when I try to change the scale of a model in layout, it doesn’t work. I’m going to switch to Rhino in about two seconds.

It’s been nearly 30 minutes since you posted so I expect I’m too late but…

The blue in your screen shot is exposed back faces which you would see if Section Fill is turned off or if there’s a reason why an area wouldn’t get filled. Opening your LO file I see the gray of the section fill in the model.

As for scaling the viewports, which one(s) are you trying to change? All of the elevation and plan viewports currently in the document have their scale set to 1:12. Do you want something different?

I did notice you’ve modified the Camera properties for the perspective view. That’s generally not a great idea. Especially if you need to add labels or other content over it in LO.

Better would be to set the scene in SU to the lower camera position.

By the way, it would be helpful to purge unused stuff from your SketchUp models.
Screenshot - 6_16_2021 , 7_25_44 AM
Almost 70% file size reduction.

And purge unused stuff from the LO file. almost 76% file size reduction.
Zuritsky Bar dr.layout (1.7 MB)

How do I purge unused stuff from Layout?

How do I get that pop-up that you have showing what was purged? When I click to purge unused I don’t see any evidence that anything changed.

Go to Document Setup>References and click the Purge button.

Use TIG’s Purge All from Sketchucation. You’ll get the same purging by using Purge unused from Model Info Statistics and you should be able to see evidence that stuff was purged but TIG’s extension creates the nice report.