Layout customise scale

Hi
The issue is with a customised scale in layout.
I have my drawing in layout with dimension on it in 1mm to 50mm (1:50). this is all good.

I create a customised scale of 1:30 and 1:25mm
Then I change the window portal scale to 1:30 and the dimension the changes. So 900mm then becomes 1500mm. Wow what is going on?
The customised scale are not working correctly.

So the preset scale are working ok it just the customised scaled. Ive checked and redone the custom scales…it very simple so i don’t know what is happening.

Anyone else had this issue. or is it just buggy.

SORRY LATE EDITION…MY MISTAKE I DID NOT CHANGE THE DIMENSION SCALE IN THE DIMENSION TRAY TO MATCH THE WINDOW SCALE SIZE.
VERY SORRY …DOPE!

Probably because your dimension scale is still on the old preset. In the Dimension Style tab, you can also change the scale of the dimensions. If you set the dimensions to Auto Scale, your dimensions should be accurate, though it does mess up occasionally.

If you are dimensioning a SketchUp viewport, you should leave Auto Scale turned on. Then you won’t have to chase the scale used for the viewports.

The only time the dimensions wouldn’t be correctly scaled is if you are dimensiooning LO drawing entities. Correct the scale for those dimensions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.