Landscape Design/Landscape Architecture

Hi
I am brand new to this forum and first-time poster.

I am thinking about purchasing sketchup 2018 for the use of generating landscape plans. I would like it to be able to do everything in the one programme eliminating the need for autocad and adobe products.

I would need to be able to generate:
Concept plans, planting plans, sections, 3d, presentation booklets, …

I am wondering if anyone would be willing to share their workflow process.

I downloaded a trial version but found i was a bit lost to where i would use SketchUp vs layout.

Is there anyone successfully using sketchup/layout for professional plans without too many glitches.

Thank you in advance,

Bridget

Google “sketchup AND daniel tal” as a start. He’s an expert in this field.

2 Likes

Hi @bridgetstudholme,

Welcome to the SketchUp Community Forum. Many of the members of this online community make prolific use of SketchUp and LayOut. A good number of these folks use this software exclusive of any other CAD program.

The typical workflow involves developing models in SketchUp, creating scenes to illustrate specific views, and sending those scenes to LayOut to create technical documents for permit and/or construction purposes. Other users will more than likely chime in with more salient examples exhibiting approaches to condoc creation.

In the meantime, here are several links to videos describing how to use LayOut:
LINK 1
LINK 2
LINK 3

There are a number of other vids too. Look at some of the titles that will appear on the right when you click the above referenced links and select those mentioning SketchUp for Construction Documentation or Nick Sonder.

1 Like