Keyboard shortcuts available in windows

Pretty self-explanatory title; It’d be nice to have a toggle-able window which shows one his available shortcuts while they’re “sinking in”. Having to go through the SU preferences window makes this access unwieldy, as does the other option, through SketchUcation’s portal.

Until it is added as a feature, you could just use the feature that is part of the Sketchucation Extension Store tools.
Screenshot%20-%203_28_2018%20%2C%2012_02_01%20PM

Thanks, but I was aware of this, as mentioned in the original post;

This way of accessing the info has the same drawback as using the preferences pane; It can’t be “on a toggle”(or so I thought; this has led me to create a shortcut for calling up the SUcation “My Shortcuts” pane, but it won’t show up there until I restart SU.).
This means I have another shortcut to remember for a while, and that I can’t dismiss the window through the same shortcut.
Hence the feature request…

I don’t know what version of SketchUp you’re using @franquin as it isn’t in your profile, but Sketchucation’s shortcut viewer doesn’t work in Sketchup 2018 anyway. It reads Shortcuts.plist which is no longer used by SketchUp. If you copy that file over from an older version, Sketchucation will read it, but any changes you make to the shortcuts won’t be reflected in the My Shortcuts window.

The SketchUcation shortcut lister tool still works in all PC versions.
This is the first report of a MAC failure in v2018.
If you don’t report any issue, then it doesn’t get thought about, let alone fixed !

Any other MAC users like to chip in, with Ruby Console errors etc.
@DaveR ?

My bad, I thought my profile had all that info, I’ll go see…
I’m sticking to Make 17. I like to be able to SU even when offline.
So, no problem with the SC viewer window

SketchUp 2018 shortcuts work fine after deleting Shortcuts.plist as they’re now stored in PrivatePreferences.json in the same folder as Shortcuts.plist was stored:

~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2018/SketchUp/PrivatePreferences.json

With my old Shortcuts.plist file there, Sketchucation’s My Shortcuts list seems to work, but it is reading the old file and SketchUp won’t update this when you make a new shortcut. With the file not there, clicking My Shortcuts… gives this in the Ruby Console:

Error: #<Errno::ENOENT: No such file or directory @ rb_sysopen
 - /Users/gordon/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2018/SketchUp/Shortcuts.plist>

Here’s a screenshot showing some of SketchUp’s shortcuts and a blank My Shortcuts window because there’s no Shortcuts.plist

I used to just copy the Shortcuts.plist file over every time a new SketchUp came out. I did it this time too but my shortcuts were lost in SketchUp and I had to put them in manually again. I haven’t had the Sketchucation extension for very long and I’ve only just noticed that it wasn’t being updated when I change a shortcut as I don’t do that very often.

1 Like

Click the three dots icon below your post, then click on the rubbish bin to delete your post.

1 Like

I used to print the KSC’s out and keep them next to my screen, but it soon proved too tedious a system to be viable. I play around with them a lot, as I learn about extensions.
That, and the fact that you tend to forget shortcuts when you don’t use them for a while.
I’ve noticed that the KSC’s that have the “Cmd-” prefix aren’t displayed in either the SU preferences or SUCation panels. Maybe the requested feature could integrate those as well.

same here:
Error: #<Errno::ENOENT: No such file or directory @ rb_sysopen - /Users/jackdemoel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2018/SketchUp/Shortcuts.plist> /Users/jackdemoel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2018/SketchUp/Plugins/SketchUcation/SCF-myShortcuts.rb:46:in `read' /Users/jackdemoel/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2018/SketchUp/Plugins/SketchUcation/SCF-myShortcuts.rb:46:in `block in myShortcuts' SketchUp:1:in `call'

Thank you for the MAC feedback.
It might have been less convoluted had you posted the reports in the tool’s thread in SketchUcation.com
Looks like it needs a completer rewrite for MAC in >=v2018 ???

Sorry for not reporting this issue on Sketchucation, I was meaning to do so but hadn’t got around to it. The shortcuts are in the other new file SharedPreferences.json not PrivatePreferences.json as I stated earlier.

I’ve attached my SharedPreferences.json file if this helps you:

SharedPreferences.json.zip (2.8 KB)

In the “Mac Only” / “Settings” part, each shortcut has three integers that seem to be booleans 0 or 1 to represent the modifier keys:
Control Option Shift

"Shortcut_30": "1 0 0 F /Tools/Make Faces",

so 1 0 0 F means control-f

"Shortcut_41": "0 1 0 R /Edit/Context Menu Flyout/Reverse Faces",

“0 1 0 R” Means option-R

"Shortcut_6": "0 0 0 P selectPushPullTool:",

“0 0 0 P” means no modifier keys, just press p for push-pull.

I have fixed this plist v. json issue for >=v2018 on MACs.
An updated version will be shipped with the next release of the SketchUcation Toolset v3.1.5 - due for release any time now…
Watch out on the SketchUcation PluginStore site / ExtensionStore³ dialog for its release…

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.