Isolate Objects in SketchUp | Sketchup Isolate Command

#sketchup hide lines

1 Like

While the technique you are attempting to teach is, indeed, useful, I don’t like your terminology.

This works only on groups and components - more specifically while editing groups and components, and the action you are accomplishing is visually hiding the rest of the model while editing a group or component. This is not, to my mind, anywhere close to isolating. Components and Groups already function to isolate the geometry of groups and components - using “isolate” with the meaning of “prevent interaction with” – the rest of the model.

Nor is there such a thing as a “Sketchup Isolate Command”. All you’ve done is defined “I” to be the shortcut key you have chosen to toggle the “Hide rest of model while editing” preference.You - specifically @muhammadmuhyuddin - may think of it as “Isolate” - or perhaps you think of it as “Isolate” because, way back when, you wanted to assign a shortcut key to this toggle and realized “I” wasn’t already assigned, so you came up with “Isolate” as a mnemonic that works for you to remember the key.

1 Like

I have the “hide other geometry” as a Ctrl+H shortcut.
But it is also available from the dropdown menu. view/component edit/hide rest of model - hide similar components.

1 Like

Hello,
I am looking for the isolate option in Setchup, earlier I had the option, but after formating my system I have lost it. It may be due to a plugin maybe not sure. Can anyone help?
The image is attached with this chat.

There is not an “Isolate” command, so that may be why you were not able to find it. If you click on Component Edit, you have the option to Hide Rest of Model when you edit a Group or Component.

1 Like

Select n Isolate - Extension | SketchUp Extension Warehouse