iPad Category

Can we have a SU iPad category please?

1 Like

There is one. Since Su for iPad is in Beta it is a beta group (meaning that registered Beta users have access to it).

2 Likes

But people are asking about it here and getting things confused.

It’s be nice to get in on that! :wink: :wink: :wink:

I started a thread with this question earlier here:

1 Like

You might be too late.

Signed up the day it came out. My comment to Aaron was a hint that I’d like to be in on the beta.

That is the beta.

The beta invites are going out a bit at a time to help keep the devs from being overwhelmed and to let new fixes be visible to old and fresh eyes at the same time. If you applied then it’s just a matter of time before you’re invited into the group.

Think of it this way, the later you come to beta, the more bugs will already be fixed!

3 Likes

I don’t have an iPad and I’m new to SketchUp. I’m trying to learn 3d modeling for work. What iPad would you recommend to join beta? I currently running a 2015 Macbook Pro. And I’ve never had an ipad so I’m not really sure what to look for. Sorry to side track this thread but if you could point me in the right direction. Much appreciated.

If you are serious about SketchUp for work, you should probably focus on learning SketchUp Pro on your MacBook. Learning resources are here: https://learn.sketchup.com/

4 Likes

I’ll second the advice from @endlessfix as the iPad version of SU is only in beta right now anyway and if you’re not a skilled iPad user it will likely be a lot to have to learn with a decent expense to get started. Beyond that, the Desktop version has significantly more training materials and users familiar with it’s use here on the forum.

Welcome to SketchUp!

2 Likes

On the other hand, newbies don’t have any ‘luggage’ and sometimes have valuable insights, I think!
Welcome to SketchUp!

I thought about that as well, nothing to unlearn (which is where I am at when using the iPad app.)

1 Like

There are so many things I would be good at in this world on that basis, I have an endless supply of unlearned things.

3 Likes

I’m there with you brother… and the breadth of useless things I know is just there taking up space.

1 Like

Thanks I will keeping going on my laptop.

1 Like