Installing a plug in

I have been using SketchUp pro for some time but have never installed additional plug-ins to those already in Sketch Up.
I have just downloaded the plug-in hobby version of Twilight Render to try it out.
The plug-in is on my desktop now, I’m not sure how I add it to the other Plug-Ins I already have, any advice would be helpful
thank you in advance

Most extensions and plugins are distributed as .rbz files. To install from a downloaded .rbz, open the SketchUp Extension Manager (in the Extensions menu in recent versions), click the button at the bottom of the window that says “Install Extension”, find and select your .rbz in the explorer/finder window that opens, and finally click the button to install it. Some installers will warn you that extensions will have access to your computer. If you got the .rbz from a reputable source such as SketchUp Extension Warehouse, SketchUcation, or a known vendor’s site, there is actually very little risk.

1 Like

Twlight Render is a .exe file. Right click on it and choose “run as administrator”. Nextfrom the Twlight Site:
To activate Twilight Render.

1. Launch SketchUp and go to Plugins pull-down menu
  2. Select Twilight V2 → Options
  3. When the Options window opens, click on ‘License’ on the left-hand side
  4. Under ‘Computer ID’, click on the Copy button.
  5. Click on the activation link. It will open a webbrowser and point it at our website at
    www.TwilightRender.com.
  6. On the webpage, into the appropriate place, paste your unique Computer ID as well
    as your Product ID (from the previous email), and choose “Activate”.
  7. Your activation code will be emailed to the email address you used when making your
    purchase.
  8. Copy this code from the email and paste it, into the appropriate place, in the “Edit
    Options” dialog box and activate the product.
  9. Restart SketchUp
1 Like