Installation/uninstallation

I just tried to uninstall the trial version of Sketchup Pro, because it is more than I need. I successfully uninstalled all parts of the trial package, but when I installed Sketchup Make, it brought down the Trial versions of Layout and Style. How do I get rid of those?

The trail version will revert to make after the trail period completes. At that time layout etc.will be disabled although they are not removed from disk. I would wait till that time encase you want to try them, does not cost anything, then just remove them using the normal add / remove programs and save a few megs of disk space.

You can edit the .lic file and insert
## NoTrial
as the first line.

For full instructions, see the following topic:
http://forums.sketchup.com/t/how-to-skip-pro-trial-mode-in-sketchup-make/11586

There is no .lic file in the SketchUp 2015 folder. Is it buried in the various accessory folders??

The "SketchUp.lic file is located in:
C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2015

(This is NOT the %ProgramFiles% path, it is the %ProgramData% path.)

The %ProgramData% folder hierarchy is hidden by default on Windows since at least Vista.

You can unhide it, from Windows Explorer, Tools (menu) > Folder options…
Folder Options (dialog) > View (tab) > Advanced Settings (list)
Under “Hidden files and folders”, select “Show hidden files, folders, and drives

OK, found in Data. Not where I would have thought to look. It contains nothing but # DO NOT EDIT. I added ## NoTrial as the first line and resaved it. Do I need to reinstall?

Follow the instructions given in the notice by the SketchUp Team member. (link above.)