Solved - Can't uninstall SketchUp Pro after Windows reinstallation (software not in registry)

sketchup

Hey guys,
I’ve got the following issue:
I installed SketchUp Pro (Test version) on the drive (O:) some time ago. In the meantime, I had to reinstall Windows on drive (C:). Now I need to work with SketchUp, but it tells me that the license is expired. Of course, that’s not a surprise and I would like to uninstall it and get the free version.
The issue is, that the software doesn’t appear in Programs and Features since it wasn’t added to the registry after Windows was reinstalled.
There is no uninstall file in the software folder as well and I’m kind of stuck with this thing on my pc now.
Any advice how to remove SketchUp (and Style Builder and LayOut)?
Thanks in advance.

If you overwrote your operating system (what a reinstall in this case is), all system integration is gone, that means you just have dumb remaining program files (O:/…/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017) and maybe user settings (shortcuts on desktop, Application Data/…/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017). Effectively, SketchUp is not installed, so it cannot be uninstalled.

Since nothing needs to be unregistered, you can just delete all program files belonging to SketchUp and user settings and then reinstall. Make sure the expired license files is removed before you reinstall:

/users/**Public**/Application Data/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/*

Oh wow. That’s easy.
Thank you so much.
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.