I need Sketchup Pro version 7.1

I have a few version of older sketchup pro 6 and 7
We run a piece of software by commandline that uses sketchup pro version 7 and I need it to run. It has been running for a long time till the last windows update. Then it blew up.

How can I make it run again?

We can not upgrade because of the software that uses it.
I have tried erasing the registry and many other things but I can not get the pro version to run.
Please help
Larry

I think the German reseller has a lot of old versions on their website but I can’t remember their address.

That said, relying on a more than 10 year old software is quite fragile. In addition to all its bugs that are fixed in newer versions, it can be tricky to get it to work on new machines. It would be better for the other piece of software to be designed in such a way that it works with newer SU versions.

https://www.sketchup3d.de/download/center/#200-version-7

1 Like

Thank you! But that is one of the versions I have had for a long time. But when installed the “pro” does not work. Would know what I can do to make it work?
Thanks, Larry

Is this because you need to install the license? Do you still have the license information to install?

The trial period would have expired years ago so you would have to install the license to get it to work.

It might be possible to retrieve your license information from SketchUp but I wouldn’t hold my breath. It’s been more than a decade since 7.1 was released and there was a change of ownership almost 8 years ago. The records may no longer exist. You could go back through your e-mails and maybe find it.

wondering what it is you are doing that works in 7 but not in a recent version?

1 Like

Activating a license may be difficult if it involves the software contacting a SketchUp server. It’s possible this no longe can’t be done, i don’t know.

1 Like

Good point. Especially if that server no longer exists.

@colin found someones old key recently…

john