How would I create this 3D tile?

Hello! I have never posted to the community but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to create this 3D tile that I need to use to figure out a pattern for an interior design remodel that I’m working on.

The tile has curves and contours and I have no knowledge of how to achieve this. Any advice or instruction is much appreciated!

LIQUID FORMS_Specification_sheet_WZ.pdf (9.4 MB)

I think you hit Reply before the PDF was fully uploaded. Can you try again?

Try it now- I think it should work.

Yes. That worked. Are you talking about the narrow tile shown on the 7th page?

Correct. I have attempted to create this and I could upload my sketchup file it needed, but I’ve gotten as far as tracing the curved design. I can’t figure out how to extrude it with that 3 dimensional curve.

Do you really need it to be a 3D tile? The amount of geometry it’ll require will really load down your models.

Sort of- as you can see from the pdf file with the specs, there are multiple patterns depending on the way the tiles lay out and I need to see how it will look to scale on the fascia of a fireplace. So if I have to just leave it as a separate file with only the fireplace rather than include it in my entire home model, that is completely fine. Do you think if I do that it will still be too large of a file?

Plus I would like to be able to show my client and I think the more realistic it could be will help sell it- considering the higher price point of this type of tile.

OK. I’m working on it. I have a method but it’s not very elegant. Hang tight.

1 Like

Does this look like it’s close enough?

2 Likes

OMG! That’s perfect!! Was it hard to do?

Not terribly hard but not as elegant as I’d like. How experienced would you say you are with SketchUp?

Ehh- that’s a good question. I’ve been using Sketchup since 2011 but I’m completely self-taught using tutorials online. So I’m sure I’m no expert and can always stand to know more, but Sketchup and I have some history.