How to use SketchUp in Construction Drawings?

I want to learn how to acquire consruction drawings from my 3d model !!
We have a 2-storey villa project in college and I need to know how to make plans, sections and elevations

It is a simple process using section planes for floor plans and standard views for elevations, however, getting there is a learning process. If you have never used section planes or the standard views, then it is worth checking out the many tutorials on YouTube which will cover your exact situation. Also, look for videos by Master Sketchup and Harwood Podcast. Good luck.

1 Like

Hello @moustafakhalid10 this is easily done in SketchUp and you have come to the right place to get support! To get started fast, view many video tutorials on our YouTube channel by clicking here.

Click here to see a great video on how to use the Section tool. Once you have mastered that, view our more advanced sections video by clicking here.

You can easily get an “elevation” view from simply changing your view point in the model. Click here to learn more about that.

Also, if you are not already familiar with Layout, I highly suggest you click here to learn more about it. It’s a fast and simple way to create documents from your 3D model, where you can showcase your designs, elevations, plans and sections - pretty much anything you could ever need or think of! Click here to explore and learn even more about Layout in a video series. At this time, it only comes with SketchUp Pro.

Thanks for being a part of the community!

1 Like

moustafakhalid10

To leverage all the rich assets one can extract from the SketchUp model, you will want to consider what type of deliverable you wish to produce. ie… How much of it will be the tradition 2D views and how much will be in 3D.

To get a better idea of what I am talking about, have a look at the various SketchUp videos starring Nick Sonders.

Playlist - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLn-Q1rwbiI0k9XVjDYH2VYpkDfy-zo0Oe

1 Like

thank you so much , this really helped me :smiley:

We created a plugin to help you create construction documents from your SketchUp model.