How to send a 3D building to Google Earth?

Hey.
I have built my house as a 3D model in SketchUp. I have almost upload it in my own Google Earth. And there’s no 3D buildings in Google earth from my town. So how can I sent it to Google Earth? I know that Google don’t upload 3D buildings when they already have one. But there aren’t any 3D Buildings.

Google no longer accepts 3D buildings from SketchUp models and they haven’t for quite a long time.

Okey thank you. So there’s no chance, that I will see my house (and also my town) as 3D buildings on Google Earth?

It’s not likely from your models. Too bad you didn’t draw them five or six years ago.

Okey. thank you for your answer.

FWIW, Google quit accepting models on 1 October, 2013.

If you geo-locate your model, you can export it as a KMZ file and then load it locally into your Google Earth client. No one else will be able to see it using their own Google Earth, of course.

For example, here’s a box I made and placed it on the street in front of my house:

Did that box fall off the UPS truck?

Yes I have my house already in my own Google Earth. But thank you.

Looks much better than this “roadblock”:

I ordered that thing 6 weeks ago! They told me is was lost in shipping. Will you stick a stamp on it and drop it in the mailbox?

An unidentified carton in the middle of the street … hmm.
Has Homeland Security cordoned off the area yet?

Hi Pascal & Dave
Yes Google does not accept models any longer. However you can view your model in Google Earth by:

1. File Export >3D Model
  2. Save File Type >Google Earth *.kmz
  3. Double Click on the .kmz file and it will load in Google Earth

I hope this helps!

Sig

Of course that’s true but that’s not what the OP was asking for so I didn’t respond to that. And Jim mentioned that it can be viewed locally, too.