How to render with Vray?

Hi. I am just curious to know how rendering works? Is it just that you click on the render icon and a rendered output comes or there is some other procedure? For instance, I tried to render this file by clicking ‘Render’ icon but the output was not proper. Is it the memory issue of my laptop or I did it wrong? (I have copy-pasted wetransfer link here because the file size is big.

https://we.tl/t-MiNVbudZs2

You might start here. Video Tutorials – V-Ray for Sketchup | Chaos

3 Likes

Unfortunately, asking, “How do I render?” is sort of like asking, “How do I bake?”

If you know that you want to use V-Ray, then starting with their training materials (as mentioned by @tuna1957) is a great idea!

I bet you love it when someone asks: “how do I render baked in textures?”

And those video screens are possibly placed into SketchUp as images and need to be exploded into textures.

2 Likes

Thank you for the link. I downloaded the scene file in the first tutorial (introduction) video and followed the steps but when clicking on render icon, the VFB is not showing anything. I waited for an hour thinking that it might load in some time but it’s still blank. Can anyone guide me as to why it’s showing blank?

I’m not a V-Ray user so I can’t be of more help. If you’re unable to work with the preconfigured file downloaded from the V-Ray website it makes me wonder if your computer may not have the necessary hardware to run V-Ray. Hopefully a V-Ray user will chime in with some help. One more thing, have you posted your problem on the V-Ray forum’s. It can’t hurt.

2 Likes

Yes I have posted in Sketchup Extensions vray category.
Chaosgroup vray forum is a paid-service I guess

How do you explode images into textures? Just by right clicking on the image and selecting Explode option?

Yes, that is how.

I understand that it is open for all registered users.

If you have a trial or bought it, you would have a chaosgroup login, but you would need another for their forum, they are not related or exchangeable.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.