How to recover a lost project

Hi, new to Sketchup. Ive been busy with a project and keep hitting SAVE every now and then, but when I closed a second project I didnt need to save that and it seemed to have closed the current project as well. Problem is, now its gone back to the version I started with this morning, lost all that I was busy with. Ive tried to do an autosave recovery, but this isnt activated, but I dont understand why normal save wouldnt have saved my project. Any help would be appreciated as Ive come to far to have lost all Ive done today!

Which version of SketchUp are you using? Your profile is confusing when considered with the category. And the version matters as far as trying to help you.

Im using 2019

2019 is the desktop pro version and not the free web version your profile indicates. Where have you been saving your work? You should be saving it to your local drive on your computer. Have you opened the folder where you were saving to look at the file?

Hello all,
kindly ask you, how to recover lost project. I use free SketchUp on website. I create such a nice model. But now after two months I can not see it in my profile, to open it again.
Is there any backup on SketchUp servers?
I forgot to make local copy on HDD.

Thank you for help.

In every case we’ve seen so far where someone reports not being able to find their models, it’s been because they used a different e-mail address to log in to SketchUp Free. Make sure you are using the e-mail address you were using when you created your model.

I can see that at the end of December you started to use your own email address, that is your name at Gmail. But, between October and December you may have been using an email that starts with ‘fredicek’ instead. If that sounds familiar, try signing in with the fredicek email address, and the models you made two months ago should show up.

Hello Dave,
You know what? My fault :slight_smile: I tried one old google account and it is there. As it was done on the old computer before (with old account), I simply forgot to change it.

Thanks.
Best regards, Jan.

čt 21. 1. 2021 v 14:00 odesílatel Dave via SketchUp Forum <sketchup@discoursemail.com> napsal:

Hello Colin,

You are right. As Dave mention, I´ve used the old account on the old computer.
Now I try it and its there.

Thank you for your reply.

Best regards, Jan.

Hey Support Team,
Few days ago I have experienced similar issue. There was few issues with saving in the past but I was always able to come back to last saved version. Few days ago it dissapeared and I am not able to find it. I use only one account with one email address. Could you investigate and retrieve, please?

The Home Screen shows recent files, but there are times when that list can be cleared out. Try choosing the Trimble Connect option from the Home Screen, and see if your files are in that section.

It’s there! Thank you Sir! :slight_smile: