How to make a list of components and groups

We are trying to set up a list of all the components in our model. How do we do this?

Have you tried Generate Report from the File menu?

For a simple report of your components (name and number of instances) you can use the Model Info>Statistics list (select Only Components from the popup list). The contents of the result window can be copied and pasted into Excel or some other application.

Anssi

thank you to the both of you! Now seems to have been such a dumb question in the first place! On a similar note, how one incorporate the ifc system into the drawings and spreadsheets?

Here is the help center article on how to IFC classify your groups / components.

These classifications will show up in the Generate Report

1 Like

Hi Dave, can I ask which option you’d then select to analyse to look at the components please? I’ve downloaded a couple of items from the 3D warehouse and something has gone quite wrong as the file is now 78mb with 11m edges! All too slow now - I’d like to delete the faulty component but I’m not sure which one it is. I deleted a few already that I thought could be the cause but this has not helped.
Thanks as always,
Pen

Hi Pen, I sent you an e-mail.

Hello there,

This is a similar question…
I tried Generate Report, but it’s not the right answer for my issue.
I have been working on my Landscape design and have made many groups of design elements. To work on the base plan, I hide them all (individually) as they are in the way. Then when I am done and want to go back to work on one of the Groups, I have to do “Unhide All” and again hide all the others, except the one I want to work on.

It’s so cumbersome. Isn’t there a way that I can have a list of my Groups in front–similar to how we have Fonts, or Paint Can window–that allows me to hide/unhide a Group as I want to work on?

TIA,

If you have named your groups in Outliner, you should be able to unhide just the one you want

What version of SketchUp are you using? Your profile says 2017 Make. Is that correct?