How to Import object files from XPlane12 into Sketchup

Hi all! I’m looking to edit/update a few buildings in an Airport Scenery that I recently purchased from XPlane12. A year ago I was able to use this plugin https://forums.x-plane.org/files/file/1619-sketchup2xplane-x-plane-plugin-for-sketchup/ and then needed to convert all the .dds texture files to .png. I was then able to import all the .obj files into Sketchup.

But it doesn’t seem like that plugin is available anymore, unless someone knows of a newer version?

I also have the SimLab .fbx import plugin for Sketchup that has worked before, but when I try to import the .obj file, Sketchup gives me an error saying it “can’t locate the .mtl texture file.” When I look in the scenery files all the textures are .pngs so I’m not sure why it’s looking for an .mtl.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Which version of SketchUp are you using? Which operating system? Still SketchUp 18 on Mojave?

Sorry forgot to inlcude that.

I’m using Sketchup 2026, Windows 11

Update your forum profile.

As for the import, you might try Universal Importer from Sketchucation.

Thank you will do. Been a while since I looked for help on here lol

Unfortunately I’m getting this error message when I try to import with Universal Importer. I tried with Sketchup v24 v25 v26 and they all gave the same message.

I would suggest looking through the thread for Universal Importer at Sketchucation. I expect this has already been covered there. Post your error message there so the author of the extension will see it and give you some input.