How to import .max file in sketchup

Hi i have .max file and i dont have autocad or 3dmax and i want to import that .max file into sketchup how can i?

As far as I know there is no .max importers. You’d have to go through another format like FBX, DAE, 3DS, OBJ etc.

i have download the autodesk fbx converter but .max does not support.

Everything I could find says that someone has to have a working installation of 3ds max to convert .max files to anything, as they embed a snapshot of the state of 3ds max at the time the file was saved.

The .max format is proprietary to Autodesk and there are no known importers or converters that do not require the presence of 3DS Max. The CAD/BIM-related Autodesk products usually have a 30-day free trial. I don’t know if 3DS Max works the same. It would be a multi-gigabyte download.

Anssi

.max files contain references and instructions to used plugins, so you need both Max and the relevant plugins installed before any conversion would be possible…

If you have both, it would be easier the export to a friendlier format…

unless your intention is to restrict access to your intellectual property…

john

If you have 3ds max installed you can install a plugin called SketchUp exporter for 3ds Max. With this you can convert your .max file to .skp file with all textures. For reference kindly check this link, Simlab 3D Plugins - SketchUp exporter for 3ds Max

2 Likes