How to import a skm files material in Sketchup Pro 2022

For a projet, i need to use a specific brick from a specific. Unfortunataly, they only provide skm files for the brick instead of bmp, which a easier to use. Now, I can’t seem to find the way to use skm files. You can’t open them with the arrow in the material section of SketchUp or by importing them like a jpeg. I read on the internet that you need to put them in some files somewhere on your PC and open them via “creating a collection” in the material section of SketchUp but I have no idea how.

Hope this helps

ChrisD

Thank you it helps. Although I can’t find the Materials folder. When I copy the folder you sent (User/App Data/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp) in Windows explorer, it just open an internet windows saying it is inaccessible. Maybe it’s just me that don’t understang how to find this folder too.

Your profile says you are using SketchUp 2022 so you wouldn’t want to be looking for the SketchUp 2017 folder anyway. Change the path to the right version number.

I change the 2017 to 2022 and it still open an internet windows. I’m probably not putting it in the right place. Here is where i copy/paste it.

You also need to change “User” to your username in Windows.

You can get to the appdata folder by typing %appdata% in the Windows start menu or taskbar search window followed by Enter.

You could also get to the Materials folder by opening SketchUp’s Preferences and clicking on the Open this folder button.
Screenshot - 6_22_2022 , 2_33_06 PM

Thank you it worked!

Thanks a lot!