How to export a png bigger than 9999 pixels?

I want to export a 2D image of my elevation in SketchUp and retain the fog and background transparency. I love the pdf format I can export as big as I want but it doesn’t export the fog. I think only the png export will give me both the fog and background transparency, but I need it to be over 9999 pixels or else it looks blurry on a 42x30 print, does anyone have a good method?

I can also export multiple pngs and stitch them in Photoshop, just wondering if there are better and faster ways.

1 Like

I would recommend using LayOut…

3 Likes

I agree with Aaron about using LayOut. There, using Hybrid rendering gives you crisp vector lines.

9999 pixels at 300 PPI amounts to about 33 inches. It is the highest resolution that any colour printer can print (it requires a printer capable of at least 1200 DPI because of dithering, or a dye sublimation printer) . 300 PPI is also what LayOut raster output produces when the rendering quality is set to High.

The blur you see may also be caused by your viewing and exporting antialiasing settings as well as by your printer. Are you intending your images to be viewed with a magnifying glass? Usually, when printing to large image sizes, increasing viewing distance allows for the resolution to be more coarse - in large outdoor posters the raster dots tend to be huge.

Just suggestions

3 Likes

Thank you guys for the replies I will try to learn how to use Layout :slight_smile:

1 Like