I’m drawing some simple objects as hobby, and now I’m trying to draw a dice with the following characteristics:
- The cube has round corners
- The dots are inward hemispheres.
This is how it looks so far.
But now I’m having some troubles and I’m open to all sort of recommendations.
I’m going to explain how I’m doing so far and what my questions are:
- I made dots as components. (I guess it’s ok, but I like you to confirm).
- I transform the cube into a group while I place the dots components and then I ungroup it to be able to intersect faces with the dots.
- I think I need some guidelines if I want to place dots equidistant but I’m having trouble because of round corners.
- I think I should always work on front view to be easier to place the dots but I’m not sure how to rotate the cube and align it to the origin or change the axes since it has round corners.
This is the file if someone offers to explore it of make some tries.
dice.skp (689.6 KB)
Thanks in advance.