How to convert my elevations into plan view with measurements, etc. for installation purposes?

Can somebody provides answers? Thanks.

You’ll need to give more information than that. Share your SketchUp file so we can see what you’ve got.

Garage Fulicea, VMR.skp (12.3 MB)

Here is a file.

I assume then you want to make plans for installing the cabinets? You can use section cuts to cut through your model and then create scenes to show the views you need. After you have the scenes set up, send the file to LayOut and use the scenes for the different views and add dimensions, labels, and other text.

It’s unfortunate that you didn’t use groups and components (except for a few you got from the 3D Warehouse) in your model. That will make it much harder to work with. There are also a lot of exposed back faces in the model. There should be no reversed faces in your models. That should be fixed before you start applying materials.

I would suggest that you take the time to go through the instructional materials at learn.sketchup.com go through both the SketchUp and LayOut lessons.

By the way, there is a lot of unused stuff in the file. I purged the file and attach the result here. Note the file size has been reduced by about 80%. It’s a good idea to purge your files once in awhile to keep them from getting bloated.
Screenshot - 11_8_2022 , 6_27_30 AM
Garage Fulicea, VMR purged.skp (2.4 MB)

1 Like

@boberbo if you are going to be doing more cabinet design then take a look at the Cabmaker plugin.

Garage Fulicea (SU 2020).skp (6.1 MB)
Interact works on doors and drawers.

Thanks to both of you. I will use your suggestions.

Regards,

It seems that LayOut is the answer to your problems, if you have an Sketchup pro license you must have it already installed.