How do you see Sections

Can you tell me how you can see the Sections that you create? Are you only able to see them if you create a Scene from them? Is there a way you can see them in the Default Tray without creating a scene?

What exactly are you trying to see? Do you want to see all of the section planes you’ve created in the model or something else? If you have section planes set to display in the style, you should be able to see all of them.

Are you still using SketchUp 2018 as indicated in your profile? In newer versions the sections are listed in Outliner.

I have Sketchup 2020. Okay, I see Outliner. I just don’t understand how to navigate to different sections. Is there a place where I can learn more about Sections? I am having other problems with them as well.

You might have a look at this first.

If you zoom out a bit you should be able to see all of the section planes when the style is set to display them. When you create them give them useful names so you know what they are for and can identify them more easily in Outliner. If you want to make a specific section plane active, you can do that by right clicking on it either in the model space or in Outliner and clicking the menu entry for it.

What other questions do you have?

Please update your profile so it shows the correct version and graphics card. (16 is not a graphics card.)

Okay, I will look this over, thanks!!

1 Like

Screenshot_3062 Do you know why there is this weird shadow?

Not sure which shadow you mean. Try playing with the Shadow settings and see what happens. If you want more line drawing look without white walls turning dark, you can crank up the shadows to 100.

Also: Turn off show section planes. As you look through them, it’s like looking through a dirty window.

Yes, that helped when I turned off section planes, thanks!