How do you move 3D text up and down in SketchUp Free?

Hi, I’m new to SketchUp Free. But, I have to make a 3D model of my keychain design for school and we have been suggested to try SketchUp or Tinkercad. I have tried Tinkercad so I went with SketchUp…

Anyway, I was following a tutorial and was able to understand it up until the point where they moved the 3D text downwards. I have no idea how they did that. I replayed the video over a hundred times and they never clearly explained it. Right now, I’m completely confused. The 3D text is literally floating and I don’t want it to be well, floating. Can someone please help me? I have to get my 3D model done ASAP!

Also, if you are wondering, I’m using SketchUp Free, the web version on my Chromebook.

I think it may be “glued” to a surface plane?. If you context click the text, check “unglue” then you should be able to move it down with the move tool.

2 Likes

Oh - I see! It seems like it was. After ticking “unglue” I was able to easily move it down. Thank you so much! :grin:

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.