How do you Create a material collection that can saved and then used on another computer?

sketchup
advice

I have saved imaged from the Internet as png and used them as material images to apply on different surfaces. I have created different collections of materials but when i try to save it and try to open them on another computer it does not show?

• I am trying to create a collection of materials and then be able to save the sketchup file and be able to open that same file on another computer and still have those same materials show up the same way.
  • I believe that the images have to converted into skm so they could be made into a texture? Is there a way to convert png to skm? or am I going about this all wrong?

If you know of anything that might help let me know, thank you!

I’m not entirely clear about what you are doing but the process I use is to create a local collection of materials which can be done in several ways. If I’m setting out to make a set of materials such as a series of wood grain materials of a given species, I would import the images as textures into SketchUp. Then in the Materials window, go to the Details menu (icon below the eye dropper on the the right) and choose Save collection as… This will create a folder with the SKM files in it.
Screenshot%20-%201_30_2019%20%2C%204_10_15%20PM

Screenshot%20-%201_30_2019%20%2C%204_10_36%20PM

If I want to use those materials in SketchUp on another computer, I would copy that folder to the other computer and in SketchUp on that computer, go to Materials and in its Details menu choose Open or Create a local collection. Select the folder and open it.

You could also send the SKP file containing the textures to the other computer, open it and again in Materials, go to Details and choose Save collection as…

FWIW, I put my custom materials collections into a folder in App Data>Roaming>SketchUp… I can then copy this entire folder to a memory stick or upload it to Drop Box and then install it in the same location on another computer. Then I select that folder (MaterialsA in my screenshot) to add to Favorites.

Screenshot%20-%201_30_2019%20%2C%204_50_38%20PM