How do I import an image to model from picture

I’m sure I’m missing something. I’m trying to import an image to model from. I see the style listed in the available styles, but I don’t see how to get the actual file into my.sketchup. Thanks in advance!

There are a couple of ways to get the image into the model space. Both start with File>Import. You can import the image as an image or you can choose Match Photo. The one you choose depends on the photo and how you need to use it. You should read the help files on Match Photo before you get going.

It would be easier to give you more explicit information if you shared the photo.

I understand how to do it in SketchUp Make, but I’m trying to use my.sketchup for this project. I don’t see a File link, tab or icon any where on my.sketchup. Thanks.

My apologies. I think at this point you would need to import the image into SketchUp on your computer and get it setup. Then you could upload it to your Trimble Connect account and open it in my.SketchUp. Remember, my.SketchUp is still in beta and not all features are available, yet.

Thanks! It’s no problem. I just wasn’t sure if I was missing something.