How do I change Units

Hey:)
I just tried out SketchUp and I want to chance the unit from inch to centimeter. But in the ‘Model-Info’ (Units) this i![Bildschirmfoto 2020-01-20 um 15.59.11|636x500] sn’t possible, as it is shown on the Picture. Can somebody help me? Thanks:)

Greetings,

Paul

Change the Format dropdown to be Decimal [Architectural is ‘fractional-imperial units’]
Then change Length to the Units you desire - e.g. Centimeter…
Also set the Precision, Area, Volume etc.
Probably un-check Length Snapping…

To illustrate TIG’s reply.

You’ll probably want to turn off Length Snapping, too.
Units

And if you always work in centimeters, immediately use Save as template after you make the change so you have a default template set up in the correct units.

Can you change the model units from imperial to metric ( NOT just the measurement units) so it exports as meters rather than the template it used ( inches) for example

What do you mean? There is no difference between model units and measurement units. When you change from imperial to metric an inch will show as 25.4 mm and that’s that. The real world size of your model doesn’t change. When you change your units to meters the exports will be in meters unless you use a format where the export unit can be defined separately in Export Options.

Perhaps this is what you want to do?

Scaling Your Model or Parts of Your Model | SketchUp Help

thank your for you comments, The issue it i think more to to with blocks rather than models, I’m no SU expert, but when a model i have imports into TBC software it does not scale correctly I shall try the scaling option.