How can I turn a 2D cabinet elevation into a 3D model in SketchUp?

Hi everyone! I’m working on a kitchen design and have these 2D cabinet elevation drawings that were done on Layout. I’m trying to recreate them as a 3D model in SketchUp, but I’m not sure of the best workflow.

I have the elevations showing the cabinet layout, drawers, doors, pantry, dishwasher, trash pull-out, etc. I’d like to turn these into an accurate 3D representation while keeping the cabinet sizes and layout consistent with the drawings.

What would be the best way to take these 2D elevations and build them into 3D in SketchUp? Is there a way to import the drawings and use them as a reference, or is it better to model the cabinets manually?

Any tips on the easiest/most efficient workflow would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
![Screenshot 2026-09-30 142337|690x286](upload://dXFBpd6HTg3qAyfnBFACSTWyYN.png)

why do people insist on formatting their posts…? :sweat_smile:

depends on what you have, if you have dwg or dxf files, you could import them, make them into faces again, and use various tools like pushpull.
if you have other formats… it depends on the format, but you’ll probably end up redrawing.

can you show us an example of what you have ?

The 2D was done in LayOut.

Export a .dxf file from LayOut to import into SketchUp as a guide for modeling the cabinets.