Help with Bezier Curve

Greetings All,

I am really struggling with the concept of bezier curves and the fredospline plugin. No matter how many videos I watch or attempts to make something, I just dont seem to be “getting it”.

I have attached an image of my rough attempt to make a somewhat “s-curve” to replace the existing curve that I made with the 2point arc tool.

I am trying to make the line selected be a nice, uniform s curve that sweeps into the straight line of the rectangle shape that it terminates into, in a pleasing to the eye fashion. Not sure how to explain it better.

I have attached a photo of what it is going to end up being so maybe that will help.

Headed to the CNC shop to cut out the formwork but I am not satisfied with the current disjointed nature of my design due to my inability to make it like I want.

Hopefully this makes sense. I know it is an easy thing to do, I just cant figure it out.

Please and thank you for your help.

Stuart

help with bezier.skp (200.4 KB)

Use the bezier nurbs and add more segments if you want a smoother curve.

1 Like

thanks, i am currently playing with that, but I must be a bit stunned, as I just can’t seem to manipulate it the way I want.

Would something like this do more what you want?

I set up a guideline along the back of the wall and another parallel to it but running through the corner. Then I used the Bezier Classic in FredoSpline and set the intermediate control points along those guidelines. Their locations along those guidelines adjust the suddeness of the direction change.

2 Likes

Yes, that is pretty much exactly what I want, and I was just able to make it happen on my end!

Thank you both so much for your input, I appreciate the help!

2 Likes