Help. Why is my model not a solid

Hello. Very new Sketchup user here.

Working on my first (what I thought was) simple solid. Evidently there is additional geometry somewhere I am missing making it not a solid.

If someone could walk me through your steps in checking this model and finding the offending geometry I’d be grateful. I currently only have the free version slate of tools.
speaker mount.skp (86.7 KB)

On an unrelated note, I would like to put some small curves in the piece but I get the “too many vertices for the size and angle” (or similar) error. I have read in the forum the workaround is to scale the part up, add the curves, then scale it down. On the free version, where does one scale an entire design?

There is a Stray edge inside. You can use a section plane to look inside and fix errors.
GIF 20-03-2024 4-02-11 PM

Select the group, get the scale tool and click on it, then pull a corner handle, let go and type 10 and hit enter and the whole group will be 10 times larger. Use fewer segments in your arcs.

3 Likes

To help achieve your goals, some time spent at the SketchUp Campus and at the SketchUp - YouTube channel will be very worthwhile. Both sites are from the SketchUp team. On the YouTube channel, pay attention to the Square One Series and Level UP series. They cover the basics for each tool.

Thanks for all the help! Much appreciated.