HELP! PLEASE! Save Me From Myself!

If you’ve ever had a yearning to work with the technologically challenged, the computer illiterate or just a bewildered 65 year old broken down land developer and home builder you’re in luck this morning, kids! When the crash came 8 years ago I had the two nicest vacant units in Illinois and eventually got out from under them, but it was a long arduous journey. Since then I’ve been laying around the house getting fat and watching Oprah reruns until about 6 months ago.

I live in a house with a wife and a daughter therefore I NEVER get to touch the TV remote. As a result, I’ve seen EVERY episode of Flip or Flop, Property Studs and Fixer Upper. It was on an episode of the latter program - the one about the Caretaker’s Residence of the B&B - that I sat up straight in my chair when the 3-D drawings showing what the inside of the project would look like appeared. Like I said above, I’ve seen A LOT of episodes on HGTV therefore I’ve seen A LOT of the 3-D renderings, but these were spectacular! So much so that the next morning I called Katie at Magnolia Realty - the real estate arm of the Fixer Upper folks - and she introduced me to SketchUp.

Do you have any idea how long it would take me, not to mention how many computers I would go through, if I tried to learn how to use SketchUp? Not to mention what a strain it would put on the aforementioned female family members having to deal with me and a computer on top of the last 8 years. By now I’m sure you realize where this post is headed.

Do you, or do you know, someone who would work with me on my projects? Yes, I’m talking about paying someone to help me. Currently I have two homes, a 2-story and a ranch, that I’m working on and 2 out of state land deals. I live 35 minutes west of Chicago so I’m in the Central Time Zone. You can reach me here, of course, or email me on my personal email at wiggs730@yahoo.com, or you are welcome to call me on my cell at 630-621-8346.

Thank you in advance for any and all help you may be able to give me,
Will

3 Likes

Hi Will,

I sent you a private message.

• Tom