Having trouble creating a face on most of my drawing

I created a backyard landscape and all my faces were there and then got deleted. I’m not sure how to bring them back. Please help

The quickest way to get accurate help is to attach your file here. Drag the .skp off your hard drive and drop it into a response window here.

1 Like

Sharing the .skp file so we can see what you’ve got would be a huge help and save us from guessing at the possible reason.

1 Like

rose 2.skp (1.1 MB)

If you zoom in close you can see that you have multiple nearly parallel edges that need to be cleaned up. Some are shown selected here. I can’t tell which lines are the ones that should be there.

What version of Sketchup are you really using. The watermark in your model indicates SketchUp Free but your profile says you are using SketchUp Pro. The fix can depend on the version you are really using.

It wouldn’t hurt to learn about correct face orientation (all of the faces in your model are reversed) and the use of groups and components.

i created the drawing in sketch up free but just bought sketch up pro, i was hoping pro had more ways to fix this. i currently have this opened in pro

Pro could have more ways to fix the missing faces because there are a number of extensions available to do that. But before you even try those extensions, you need to go around and erase the incorrect edges. As I said, I don’t know which ones should be kept and which should be deleted but some of them have to go.

What extensions could I use

First one that comes to mind is Curviloft by Fredo6 which is available from Sketchucation.

How would I go around and clean stuff up, ugghhh this is so frustrating lol

Zoom in close and use the Eraser tool to erase the incorrect edges. Just follow along the edges with Orbit and Pan erasing as you go. Or, depending on the information you have about the perimeter of the yard, maybe it would be easier to erase all of the edges and start over making it correct as you go. Many of the existing edges are off axis and that will create problems for generating faces since those edges need to lie on the same plane to have a face created.