Hardscape uses and general question

Hello
A very simple question.

I’m in the very early stages of planning a development that will include 20 Villas, Beach Club, Spa etc, and want to design a top level overview design of where villas, bars, back of house, hardscaping and landscaping could be placed on the land and to scale.

I’m not a designer or architect. I’m a developer, but I like to start the process off with proposed designs to take to professionals to start the project.

My question is: Is Sketchup a product I can use to create a simple layout design plan of a Villa, beach club concept?

Thank you
Paul

Simple answer: Yes.

You could do everything from the simple layout concept illustrations to detailed construction and permitting drawings with SketchUp Pro and LayOut.

You might find this of interest:

https://blog.sketchup.com/sketchupdate/telling-full-story-sketchup-pro-and-layout

I note your profile indicates you are using SketchUp Make. You would need to switch to SketchUp Pro.

Thank you very much for your help DaveR.

At this stage I’m not using any SketchUp. I’ve just been told this could be an option for me to use.

Is there a Free Version, or is the SketchUp Pro a paid version.

This is not something I would be needing on an ongoing basis. It’s just to get conceptual ideas on paper to start the feasibility of the project and assist with discussions on the project.

Again, thank you.
Paul

SketchUp Make is the free version but for your application, you must use SketchUp Pro. The EULA prohibits the use of SketchUp Make for your purposes.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.