Hardcode lofting, splines and other tools into the web version?

Is it possible to hardcode and add other tools to the web versions of sketchup such as a way to loft, a way to make splines, and a way to thickening a curved surface?

not asking to “add extensions to web versions” asking if its possible to make these extra tools, just like the regular push pull is a regular tool? as in no ruby scripts no anything related to extensions, just coded into the softawre like all the other tools are?

thanks

1 Like

At this time there’s no API or other mechanism to modify or extend the web versions.

how come it cant be modified? is it locked for some reason? trying to understand as best as i can:)

Please forgive me, but your question seems quite naive. SketchUp is proprietary software, not open source. Although it is today common practice for apps to provide an extension or scripting API they are under no obligation to do so and most companies protect their intellectual property.

3 Likes

your good. From your POV i see what you mean.

you must have misunderstood my question from the beginning.

as i mentioned before

““not asking to “add extensions to web versions” asking if its possible to make these extra tools, just like the regular push pull is a regular tool? as in no ruby scripts no anything related to extensions, just coded into the softawre like all the other tools are?””

I understand its proprietary software, and not open source, hence why i said “is it possible to hardcode it or add the feature” I mean, they added the basic line tool, push pull tool, are those not coded into the software? someone had to create the code for that… Why is that other companies that are proprietary can add other features into their software during updates?

im not asking to add extensions, im simply stating, cant the devs actually code IN other tools?

a perfect example, how did the weld tool make it in the pro version?? used to be extension only, now its part of the software… can that not be done with the web versions? add more tools?

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. If I may rephrase, are you asking whether there is a path for you to request additional tools? If so, yes, it is the Feature Requests category on this forum. To convince the developers your request has merit, you should clearly describe what you want and use cases that need it. There is no guarantee any particular request will get priority for implementation, but that’s how they start.

1 Like

thanks for being civil and willing to rephrase, what im trying to convey:) that helps alot as well.

yes, i would like to request additional tools:) i feel those that pay the fee for the shop version could benefit from a lofting tool, a spline type tool, and a way to push/pull curved surfaces.

Even the free version could benefit, it might actually add a selling point to get more users on the shop or pro if the free had those options.

i will do a feature request and see how that goes:)

2 Likes

In some respects this is like buying a car. The stripped down model is $XXX.00 dollars. If one wants a radio the cost increases. A larger engine… up goes the price again. And so forth.

1 Like