Hi SketchUp Folks,
From the recent announcement about the change in our pricing and purchasing options for SketchUp, there is skepticism about the utility of SketchUp Web as a replacement. I wanted to start a new conversation in the interest of improvement, not simply complaint, about what is missing or what do you think is missing from the web version. I won’t prattle on in this post too long but rather make a couple of notes or suggestions;
There are 2 SketchUp Web versions; SketchUp Web and SketchUp Shop. - The first is absolutely free, no hidden costs. The second is a basic subscription with some “Pro” tools that are aimed at more practical SketchUp users. SketchUp Shop is what you may subscribe to if you just use SketchUp for smaller DIY projects.
SketchUp Web (both versions) is missing Extensions. This is a known limitation. Try not to belabor the point, yes this isn’t currently an option (will it be someday? unknown.) So, just consider that we already have that particular feature request on the list (at the very top.)
With that said, my hope is a productive conversation and as the creator of this thread, I’ll likely boot comments that derail the conversation to either simply complain or are off topic.
- What is SketchUp Web/Shop missing to make it your daily driver?
- What exists but needs to exist better in SketchUp Web/Shop?
- What exists and handles everything my needs perfectly?
- What exists but really misses the mark? (it’s works fine, but is “better” on Desktop)
- Could something between Web (free) and Desktop (pro) similar but different than Shop?