Hard time understanding the daylight viz. results

Hi,
I’m having a very hard time understanding the logic behind the Daylighting vizualisation feature in Sefaira and I hope someone has a part of the answer. Here’s what happens :

Let’s say I take the results for the 20th, 21st, 22nd and 23rd of April at 8:00 am, as in the picture below. The results of the 20th and 23rd are fairly similar, as they should be since they’re only 3 days apart. But the 21st and 22nd graphics are almost pitch black. I get similar results for the other months.

Does anyone have an explanation for that? I thought these results where calculated under a sunny day, but i’m starting to think that Sefaira makes an average of the local weather conditions for each and every date?

Thanks, any input would be appreciated!

Hello,

We at Sefaira would love to help with this! Since we’ll need some additional project information to help assess the issue, please email support@sefaira.com so we can launch a support ticket and get to the heart of the matter with you.

Thank you,

Kerger Truesdell

You can find our assumptions for the type of sky and the other things here - https://sefaira.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205392365-Material-Assumptions-and-Radiance-Settings

We’ll need to look at your model and the location to understand if the weather file plays any role in this, but that’s where I would look first.

Thanks for posting those example pics. I realize this reply is a bit late, but I hope it helps!

Currently, when running the Date/Time analysis, Sefaira pulls the weather conditions from the weather file for exactly the weather conditions of that day. So, if it was stormy on April 20 at 8 am and completely clear on April 21st at 8 am, the results may be different.

Sefaira is strongly considering moving to a sunny-sky model for the date/time analysis.

This topic was automatically closed after 91 days. New replies are no longer allowed.