Geo-location, add more imagery

Hi, is there a plugin available that allows to geo-locate a much larger area without having to go back and keep selecting more areas? I am looking for a 10 mile area to get a mountain range in the distance. I know placemaker allows you to get higher res, but I don’t need higher res, I just need to a large area without having to add more imagery 100 times. Any recommendations? Thanks.

1 Like

I don’t know of any other extensions for geo-location insertion. A 10 mile area is pretty huge for SketchUp and a model spread over that area is likely to have issues. Why not just add an image of the mountains or use the image as a texture on a large surface in the background? With appropropriate sizing of the image it doesn’t need to be that far away from the main part of your model.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, I will have to give that a try

Here’s a quickie example using an image I found on the internet and a file I already had open. I used a panoramic image so I put it on a curved surface and I didn’t bother to put in any ground like you’d have if you’ve already added the geo-location imagery. I also had to guess at the angle of coverage for the image and I probably got it wrong.

1 Like

thanks!