Gap in Follow Me Curved Wall

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help me!
I am fairly new to Sketchup (started learning about a year ago)
I am trying to create a curved wall and when I use the follow me tool, a gap appears on both of the wall faces.

I took the line to be followed from a CAD drawing and the curve was created using a circle so I don’t know why there would be an irregularity in the circle.

I have tried scaling everything by 10 and 100 but the gap still appears

I need the wall to be a solid group so I can place the door spaces but these gaps are preventing that.

I have attached a model of the wall here Curved Wall Issue.skp (362.3 KB)

An help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

It looks to me as if there’s a small jog in the path that caused this. Can you share the model before you ran Follow Me?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for coming back so quickly!
I have pulled out the line I was basing Follow Me on
Curved Wall Issue V2.skp (363.5 KB)

Thanks for that. And yes, there is a jog in the path. Turning off Profiles makes it easier to see.

Screenshot - 11_6_2021 , 9_17_13 AM

After removing that jog there’s no gap when Follow Me completes.

1 Like

Ah brilliant, thank you so much for your help! I’d been trying to figure it out for 2 days!

Much appreciated!

Sarah

Happy that helped.

You said in your first post that you got the “line” from a CAD file. It’s not unusual to find bad geometry of this sort in CAD files. Generally the best process is to use the imported CAD file as a guide but redraw the linework using SketchUp’s drawing tools. A flaw like that tiny jog is not going to be a problem in a 2D CAD file but as you can see, it has an impact when you go 3D.

1 Like

Oh that’s great to know! I’ll be more careful the next time I import from a CAD file then :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like