Follow Me Tool and Solid Inspector

Gotcha. I can’t reproduce any disagreement between Desktop Solid Inspector and Entity Info after scaling up and f-m-ing, but I didn’t think to try to reproduce your issue in web until now - it reproduces on the component I used for a screenshot last night, haha.

If this is a known issue with Web SI, I can’t find anything on it.

True scaling (scaling the profile and path before Making Component or Making Group) avoids the SI disagreement in Web.

Web SI seems to flag short edges per se, regardless of whether Group/Component scaling prevented face-creation failure. I find it weird that seemingly no one or very few users have come across this? Because I’m not a big SI user, I’m not going to test the problem in web further.

Yes. If entity info says solid you should be good to go for exporting a printable .STL.

Wow, maybe we should get a lifetime free license to Sketchup for unveiling this anomaly within Solid Inspector. Just my luck that the first time I have ever used SI, I invoked this anomaly and caused all this confusion for you and Dave!

Thanks for taking the time to confirm my experiences. Onward (in spite of SI on the web)!

Doug

1 Like