Flip Command

I have been using Sketchup ever since it came into the market place produced by Last Software out of Boulder, Colorado. I use Sketchup all day every day and am a big fan. I have just download the latest Sketchup Pro 2023. I prefer the old flip command but wonder if it is at all possible for your developers to create a flip that works on angles or along an angled coordinate.

Also while I am at it:) It would be cool if there was a way to create old blue prints using a blue background and white line weights.

You can still use the old Flip Along option with keyboard shortcuts. It’s been simplified so you don’t need to worry about whether it’s a component, group, or other selection. Only three keyboard shortcuts required instead of nine.

As always you the Flip options are aligned to axis direction so you can adjust that easily enough.

There is. You can set a style to include a blue background or use an image as a watermark and set a white edge color. This was done back in 2013 that way.

I prefer to combine the blueprint background in post processing. Easy to do and gives better control over the final product. This was done with an image export from LayOut.

2 Likes

The flip tool in 2023 acts along the current drawing axes. So, you can right-click on an axis, choose the Place item and locate and orient the axes as needed. Flip will then act along those axes. Right-click and choose Reset to put the drawing axes back to the model axes.

Except for single group or single component selections. Then the object’s axes will be used.
Include another entity (say a stray dummy edge) in the selection to use the current drawing axes… or toggle between object’s and current drawing axes by pressing [Alt] on windows PC.

1 Like

Thank you

Thanks