Finding name of discontinued IKEA product

Does anyone know how to find the name of a discontinued IKEA product? I have some IKEA chairs at home and am curious to know their name. The ID number 18199 is printed underneath the chair but I can’t find a name. Nowadays Google include results that doesn’t include all search terms which often makes googling for specific terms impossible. I’ve only found one page related to chair on the whole interweb and it still doesn’t have a name :confused: .

There is the name :slight_smile:

IKEA KORPO

4 Likes

Great!

How did you find it? I didn’t know searches worked on WaybackMachine.

I did not use the search. It first I checked auction’s year on OXL, and then I watched few chairs on WaybackMachine’s copied website. This took me approximately 5 minutes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There’s a new option in Tools to search Google “verbatim” with the terms as you wrote them. I’m not clear on whether this still applies search modifiers if you use them as terms, but it still seems to get me what I want more often than Google’s regular search.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

And after 7 months I’ve finally gotten around to model the chair!

537 polygons in total.

5 Likes

Must be nice, as a Sage, to be able to reopen closed threads.
Or is that something any original poster can do?

I’m not so sure. I started this one and I can’t reopen the thread.
https://forums.sketchup.com/t/topic-automatically-closing-system-new-message/57546

Must be an unpopular topic.

Shep

1 Like

@Shep, I think we’re approaching the line of hijacking the conversation, so I won’t add anything more except I think it’s worth more discussion in it’s own thread. And I won’t be the one to start that topic since I have only minor curiosity - not enough to go to the effort.

It’s quite handy. If you need a thread re-opened because you have more information to add to it, just send a PM. I’ve already unlocked a few threads, including an extension developer’s own extension thread so they could write about the update in the same thread.

1 Like

It has not to do with the Sage badge, it is a trust level (4) thing, granted to @eneroth3 in dec ‘17
There are 14 more members with this level

I would think that as you are in Sweden this would of been much easier? :smile:

Hi,
I’m new in the SketchUp Community and I don’t how exactly to proceed.
I’m also searching the name of an old Ikea wing chair ( and I even have the style number 87U1837). I tried with OXL as you suggest without success.
Can you help me with this?

Thank you!

I am suggesting you to:

1. open https://web.archive.org
  2. find old versions of www.ikea.com
  3. choose corect country/region of Ikea web site
  4. check all armchairs

BTW. It very similar to “strandmon wing” chair from today.

1 Like