Filter component attribute options based on previous selected option?

Hi Everyone,

When designing component attributes/options Is there a way to filter out a drop down list of options, based on the selection of the previous option?

Example:
Option A = Apple, Orange, Pinapple
Option B = Apple, Pinapple, Strawberry

So if a user selects Option “A” in the first drop down box, the second drop down only lists the choices relative to option A, and so on.

Thanks for any assistance!

Would that mean if the chosen Option A is Apple, then Option B would only show Apple? But if Option A shows Orange, there would be no matching choices in Option B?

More usually, there’s an implied hierarchy - like filtering a list of Towns in Option B according to which State or County is chosen in Option A.

It’s actually a mix of the two.

If I select “A” in the first drop down, I want to show, in the second drop down: Apple, Orange, Pinapple
If I select “B” in the first drop down, I want to show, in the second drop down: Apple, Pinapple, Strawberry

So you can see that the same option (here “apple”) can show whether A or B is selected, so it’s not really like your Town/state example, where each choice has his distinct list.

Check this thread:

Thanks, I think this is more what I am looking to achieve. I will try it and let you know!

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.