Files have no preview anymore

I was a sketchup 7 user. Recently I updated and downloaded the new Sketchup 2014. The problem is with this new version my files don’t show a preview anymore when I look at them in their folders even if it’s on thumbnail mode. Now I have to open each file to look for the model I need to use.

How am I going to make the files display the previews again? I tried opening the files in sketchup 2104 and saing them in the new version. Still no preview but the SKB file displays the preview.

Does this solution help?
http://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16015#p124651

My understanding is this command doesn’t work on 64 bit windows. It there some other solution for windows 10?

Apart from the fact this is 4 years later, thumbnails work natively in win 10.

Yes this is a new problem for me though and all the info and fixes are for 32 bit machines. My previews are showing .skb and not .skp file which just show an icon. I 'm pretty sure it’s an program association setting I need to tweek.

Fixed it. As I thought. Listed under the “open with dialogue” were two SU2017 icons. The files were already set to open with 2017 but they (skp) weren’t opening. I selected the “other” 2017 icon in the list and the previews started showing. I think the problem was created after a recent drive failure and replacement after which I had to reinstall 2017. But I’m guessing. Not sure why it shows two different SU 2017s in the list of programs.

Also in Windoze 7 there is a setting in File Explorer to enable the previews